Billings Ovulation Method™ Teacher Training Course
Attendance at this Teacher Training Course will enable the participants to give information on the Billings Ovulation Method™ to women and couples who wish to conceive as well as those wishing to use a natural method to avoid pregnancy. Recognition of the signs of fertility and infertility allows a woman to monitor her reproductive health. The woman who knows her own mucus patterns will be alerted early to any abnormality which requires medical management.
Once learned the Billings Ovulation Method™ can be applied to all variations throughout a woman’s reproductive life:
- regular cycles
- irregular cycles
- anovular bleeding
- effects of stress
- after childbirth or miscarriage
- while breastfeeding
- approaching menopause
- low fertility
Nurse practitioners, community health nurses and others involved in women’s reproductive health find the knowledge and skills gained through their participation in this course to be invaluable.
The Ovulation Method Research and Reference Centre of Australia Ltd is an Accredited Provider of Continuing Professional Development with the RACGP and this program has been approved as an Active Learning Module eligible for Category 1 (Women’s Health) Points.
|Participants:||A Program for Health Professionals and others interested in Women’s Health|
|Presented by:||The Ovulation Method Research and Reference Centre of Australia Ltd|
|Date:||Friday 28th & Saturday 29th March, 2014|
|Time:||9.30am – 5.00pm each day (lunch included)|
2A/303 Burwood Highway,
East Burwood VIC 3151
|Cost:||Part 1 $200 / $100 (Student)
Part 2 $75 / $40 (Student) (part 2 can be paid later)
|Participants will require:||
Billings Method Book - $25.00
Books will be available on first day of course.
The Course is divided into 2 parts.
- Attendance at 2 days of Teacher Training Course. (12 hours total)
Part 1 will give participants sufficient knowledge to give women an overview of the Billings Ovulation Method™ of natural fertility regulation so that they can begin to chart their fertility symptoms following the guidelines of the Billings Ovulation Method™. Participants who desire to become teachers of the Billings Ovulation Method™ must complete Part 2.
- Completion of Teacher Training Questionnaire following Part 1.
- Supervised clinical experience over 6 months. This will be arranged as either actual clinical experience or remote supervision through Billings LIFE Melbourne.
- Attendance at one further session. (5 hours total)
- Submission of the Case Study of at least one Billings Method user’s charting experience as taught by the participant.
Participants satisfactorily completing Part 2 will be eligible for accreditation as a Billings Ovulation Method™ teacher. Accreditation is dependent on the applicant agreeing to teach the Billings Ovulation Method™ without variation.
Accreditation is valid for 3 years.
- Role of the Cervix and Hormones in Fertility
- Charting normal cycles:
- Identifying fertility and infertility
- Thinking in Patterns:
- Basic Infertile Pattern - an unchanging pattern
- Fertile Phase - a changing pattern
- Charting long or irregular cycles
- Understanding bleeding:
- Menstruation, withdrawal, breakthrough, implantation
- Management, charting and discussion on:
- Perimenopause - diminishing fertility
- Breastfeeding - returning fertility
- Stress cycle - interrupted fertility
- Post Chemical Contraceptives - damaged fertility
- Achieving Pregnancy:
- Charting and Recognition of optimal fertility symptoms.
- Guidelines for Achieving Pregnancy
- Diagnostic benefits of the Billings Ovulation Method™
Kerry Bourke is the Executive Director of the Ovulation Method Research & Reference Centre of Australia Ltd and is a Senior Teacher of the Billings Ovulation Method™ in Melbourne. She has devoted much energy into helping couples manage their fertility naturally. Kerry is actively involved in the training of teachers in Australia and has also been involved in training teachers of the Billings Ovulation Method™ in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Timor Leste. She is an experienced presenter of OMR&RCA’s Continuing Professional Development Programs on Fertility.
Lynne Anderson is Senior Teacher of the Billings Ovulation Method™ with extensive experience of teaching couples to understand their patterns of fertility. She has been convenor of a program of fertility awareness for adolescents for the past 20 years. She is involved in the training of Australian teachers as well as presenting training for Billings Ovulation Method™ Teachers in the Philippines, Malaysia and Timor Leste and has presented Continuing Professional Development Programs for OMR&RCA’s program with Health Professionals.